I sit here now at the end of the year. Wondering what the hell happened to 2009.
The years are short, but the days are long seems an apt statement, particularly for this year.
1) Proposed to my wife-to-be in Melaka, we’ve been together 8 years. I have a feeling we’ll be lasting 10 times longer than that.
2) Bought a House (obviously in Klang)
3) Journeyed with my fiancee through her conversion process to become a Catholic (this happened before I proposed to her)
4) Wrote 49 post (including this one) on My2cents.
5) Read a total of 19 books , which I’m hoping to make 21 by the year end. My favorites were paradox of choice and predictably irrational.
6) Discovered typography. I’m still trying to figure out how to get good at it.
7) Visited Pakistan for 2 weeks, and suffered 2 weeks of food poisoning but I still loved the experience.
8) Experienced uncertainties with my job twice in 12 months. The second one is still on-going.
9) Delivered a successful project in Pakistan from Malaysia. (it’s not over yet, but we’re almost there)
10) Participated in 6 Treasure hunts, finishing 1st place twice. Total prize money is unknown since some of it was merchandise instead of cash.
I have not:
1) Resolved on running 5km in 15 minutes (my new years resolution from 2007!!!)
2) Learned the virtue of patience
3) Spent more time with my family (rather than alone).
4) Saved money.
5) Practiced the guitar (next song You shook me all night long by AC/DC)
6) Motivated my team members. (I did this badly)
7) Read the Bible (at least the important books anyway)
8) Designed an Iphone App (I need a macbook first)
9) Joined a charitable organization
Reflected on my year this post takes care of that